Game Modes Overview:
- Recourse has 3 game modes: Puzzle, Wave Rush and Payload. They share elements but differ in their objectives.
- There are 13 puzzle levels in the core game.
- Puzzle levels have main routes that lead to the level finish.
- There are also secondary routes that allow you to collect question marks or other secrets.
- When you finish later levels, some gates in puzzle levels will be unlocked when you enter the level. This will give you a head start when working toward the 100% completion goals.
- There are 4 wave rush levels in the core game.
- The goal is to collect as many waves as possible.
- Enemies grow tougher with each wave.
- Waves will be dropped from the last enemy and must be collected before they disappear.
- The number of enemies that must be defeated increases with each wave.
- Alternatively, Failbot memories can be converted into waves using the conversion panels.
- Wave rush levels can be exited at anytime.
- There are 4 payload levels in the core game.
- The goal is to collect and deposit as many points as possible to the wagon.
- The wagon must be escorted to its terminal to unlock the level finish.
- The wagon's speed can be boosted for five seconds if you collect a speed boost power up.
- Speed boost can be manually activated in exchange for 15 deposited chips by interacting with the wagon's panel.
- The wagon will move on its own in speed boost mode.
- The completed part of the rail will chnage its colour from orange to blue.
- It is not possible to deposit points when the countdown finishes.
- There is a bonus for finishing before the timer runs out: the remaining time will be converted to chips based on your average rate and added to your total deposits.
- The best strategy is to collect points sooner and escort the wagon when possible.